Nicoderm Step 1
Nicoderm Step 2
Nicoderm Step 3
Getting Started with NicoDerm
NicoDerm CQ is a small, nicotine-containing patch. When you put on a NicoDerm CQ patch, nicotine passes through the skin and into your body. NicoDerm CQ is very thin and uses special material to control how fast nicotine passes through the skin. Unlike the sudden jolts of nicotine delivered by cigarettes, the amount of nicotine you receive remains relatively smooth throughout the 24 or 16-hour period you wear the NicoDerm CQ patch. This helps to reduce cravings you may have for nicotine.
Preparing to quit is important, take some time to do it right.
- Select the NicoDerm CQ that's right for you. If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day start with Step 1. If you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day start with Step 2.
- Enroll in the Committed Quitters program to receive individualized support.
- Pick a quit date and mark your calendar.
- Apply one NicoDerm CQ patch on the morning of your quit date. Remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin. Hold for 10 seconds.
- At the same time everyday, remove the old patch and apply a new one, in a new location.
Read the back panel and User's Guide for complete information.
If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use.
Before using this product, read the enclosed user's guide for complete directions and other information. Stop smoking completely when you begin using the patch.
If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, use according to the following 10 week schedule:
- Step 1 - use one 21 mg patch/day (weeks 1-6)
- Step 2 - use one 14 mg patch/day (weeks 7-8)
- Step 3 - use one 7 mg patch/day (weeks 9-10)
If you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day, do not use Step 1 (21 mg). Start with Step 2 (14 mg) for 6 weeks, then Step 3 (7 mg) for 2 weeks and then stop.
Steps 2 and 3 allow you to gradually reduce your level of nicotine.
Completing the full program will increase your chances of quitting successfully.
Nicotine, 21 mg delivered over 24 hours.
Other Stop Smoking Products
Commit 2 mg
Commit 4 mg
Nicorette 2 mg
Nicorette 4 mg